Sunday, August 25, 2013

Crater Lake Fire

Picture of the Day - Saturday, August 24, 2013



To Paraphrase one of my favorite Marshall Tucker songs, "Fire on the mountain from lightning in the air".  Sunset at Crater Lake in September of 2008.  There was a huge wildfire burning in the mountains behind the lake which lent a wonderful quality to the pictures that I was taking that night.  Other than the fire and the effect that it imparted to my pictures, I will never forget this trip.  It was the trip that Bob and I took after dropping Joe off for his freshman year of college and Oregon State in Corvallis.  We took the slow way home to see a lot of the sights, Crater Lake being one of them.  Bob surprised me by booking a room in the Crater Lake lodge which was a beautiful old building.  The type that you find in Yosemite or Yellow Stone.  It was a great time and a great trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment