Sunday, August 11, 2013

Remaining 2013 Challenge: Picture of the day.

A friend of mine who is an amazing photographer, Jennifer Crooks, has just decided to do a 365 picture challenge.  In this challenge, she will be taking at least one picture a day for the next 365 days and posting the pictures on a Facebook page she has set up for it.  This woman is a professional photographer, doing mostly portrait photography, and, as I said, she is amazing.  She is a constant inspiration to me, and I am more than a little jealous of her talent. You all should really check out her work.  Here are the links to her Facebook pages:
Jennifer Crooks Photography:  https://www.facebook.com/JenniferCrooksPhotography
Crooked Legacies (this is the challenge page):  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crooked-Legacies/419312608188296

 As she often does, she has inspired me to do my own picture a day challenge for the rest of 2013.  I am not anywhere near the photographer that she it, but I do enjoy photography and need to re-energize myself in this regard.

My Challenge:  My challenge will be a little bit different from Jen's.  I really need to edit and organize my photos, so I am going to challenge myself to finalize at least one photo a day and post it here on my blog.  It may be a photo that I have just taken, or it may be a photo that I have had sitting around for a while.  I am really hoping that this will keep me on track with my effort to organize my vast array of photos.

As Jen has said, I know there will be days when it will be really hard to accomplish this, and days when I just do not feel like getting a picture on here, but I am going to keep that in mind as I try to stick with it.

The Beginning - Picture of the Day, August 11, 2013


This shot was taken at sunset (obviously, lol) in the parking lot of a local shopping center.  I wish all of our sunsets were this spectacular.  This one actually reminds me of the sunsets that you get in Hawaii, and makes me wish I was there every time I look at it.  I especially like the play between the sky and the shadows of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment